2008年11月3日 星期一

My Thought About Saturday English Class Part 1

I would like to share my English learning experience here.
Usually children in Taiwan started to study English at high school age when I was a kid. Our first sentence was" This is a book". When I entered university,
all the text books were in English. But I don't think I had quite understood the books because my GPA were very bad.

But I still started my profession in an international-based company, a global advertising agency, J. Walter Thompson. In J.W.T, my colleagues were good and fluent in English, my bosses were from the British or U.S.A., and all the documents and papers were also in English. My ability of this foreigh language had a significant leap forward at the moment.

My second big-jump was four or five years ago. I planned to go for a certificate program in communication in the Netherland, the school required applicants to take TOFEL, and must get 213 CBT point at least. I spent one month in preparation of this test, and got 220 point. After that, my English grammer, reading and comprehension ability improved a lot. Also the listening ability.

Now I plan to take iBT, because the new type includes oral test. This is very much alike Halloween article part in our CPT English Class last Saturday.
Test takers should listen very carefully and note down the main points of the paragraph, and answer towards a microphone to the questions regarding the paragraph they just listen to. I didn't take the chance last Saturday to pratice,
I will try to seize any oppotunities for the rest of the classes.

沒有留言:

追蹤者